Mytaste.ph

Biyernes, Marso 9, 2012

The unveiling of "In My Kitchen" to the blog world

Hello everyone!

Finally, I have been persuaded to join the blog bandwagon and create a new blog dedicated to FOOD. I have been getting a lot of requests to create a food blog after I made most of my Facebook friends salivate over almost daily post of food photos that I make in my kitchen, I named that album, (surprise here!) "In My Kitchen". (that album is here. =) )

The persuasion grew stronger after Maangchi, a great friend and creator of www.maangchi.com finally published the cooking video we made a few months back for her Gapshida tour via her website and YouTube.(more of that here.). 

It took me a while before giving in, since making a blog is as hard as learning to play the guitar for me. Yes, I am as computer illiterate as I can get. But I have decided to take baby steps and be open to learning this stuff and realized that this can be of great help to me because of  instead of the usual private messaging each of my friends via Facebook, those interested in the recipes of my daily food posts can navigate them through this blog.

So why, do you ask, I am insanely in love with making great food? I have been a wife for more than a year now, and have lost my dearest mother weeks after our wedding. Adjusting to a new life, being in a new place and being a wife and a motherless daughter all at the same time had been very hard, but cooking saved me and has become an outlet and a passion, and I want to SHARE that PASSION. Cooking has been always a part of my life, like me, my mother was a dentist and a great cook and she's one great power that inspires me to do the things I do now.

A little warning though, I am no great cook. I am a novice by some other cooks' standard; I don't even have a food processor, sophisticated pans, a silpat, an ice cream maker (though I love making homemade ice creams!), and other gadgets that my budget wont allow me to buy as of now; but what I have is a huge passion for food and making people smile.


So please join me in discovering more of that passion through this blog.


P.S. I don't really cook just so I can make food that can multiply your cavities. I just found the rhyming words of "I make people eat so I can fix their teeth" really cute! =)






3 komento:

  1. Hi Jopek! I hope you still remember me. Diane, batchmate and classmate back in grade six. Welcome to the blogosphere and like my late dear friend, Anna, I always look forward in your food posts sa Facebook. Enjoy cooking and blogging :)

    TumugonBurahin
  2. Hi there Diane! Of course, I remember you. You are also Joanna's cousin, right? Thanks for the warm welcome. I was so sad when I heard what happened to Anna, visited her wake too. I know she's in a lovelier place now. Anyway, I am still exploring this blogging thing and I hope you can bear with the "construction phase" as of the moment. Hope to see you every now and then here. Happy eating. =)

    TumugonBurahin
  3. Very informative blog about Dentist. To know more about Dental Treatments, check out Sri Sakthi dental clinic

    TumugonBurahin