Mytaste.ph

Huwebes, Abril 26, 2012

Super thick Avocado Ice Cream with Cashew bits


I thought the sunny days are over as the rain gently poured here in Narnia, but after the rain's downfall was a much much humid weather. Argh. Oh well, at least its another excuse to make myself some homemade Ice Cream; to add to my growing list of exquisite flavors! nyahahaha

If you have read my 2 recent food posts, you noticed how "lethargic" I am the past few days. I still am. I was thinking it was probably because I was swamped with too much patients at the clinic these days. (Oh Lord, I am not complaining! =) ) And sometimes, I wish I could at least still have my lunch. I was really feeling tired and my super woman body just cant keep up. That's why I went to the doctor for some check up. And now I know why I am feeling that way.=)  I think I really need to rest a bit before my body took a toll on me. 

Well anyway, here's a quick Chinese food ad! Totally not related but I was thinking it still had to have its shining moment on my blog. =)  Last night, I made some LEMON CHICKEN! It was absolutely yummy and its just like one of my favorite Chinese take out! =) But again, I was too tired to take a step by step pic on how I made it and blog it. But I promise to blog it next time, once I have regained my super woman body strength! =)

Chinese Food Ad: Lemon Chicken!

Now back to regular programming! The SUPER THICK AVOCADO ICE CREAM!

When I was a little kid, Avocado Ice Cream meant mashed ripe avocados and a whole lot of condensed milk or powdered milk and sugar. I'll messily combine the ingredients in a plastic, kid friendly bowl and put it in the freezer with the aid of our yaya, since I can't reach the freezer yet! I would patiently wait for it to set and be proud of myself after it became "ice cream". Although honestly, it was more like a frozen sweet avocado mash. =)

The other night, I have attempted to make a more sophisticated version to my kid version of Avocado Ice Cream and here's what I came up with. A "SUPER THICK AVOCADO ICE CREAM". 

Here's how to do it:

Ingredients: (good for 4 servings)

- 2-3 ripe avocados, peeled and stone removed
note: If you want a milder avocado flavor, use 2 avocados ONLY!

- 3/4 cup of all purpose cream
- 1 cup of whipping cream, (whipped until soft peaks form)
- 1 to 11/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped toasted cashews


Directions:

1) In an electric blender, finely puree the avocado while gradually adding 3/4 cup of all purpose cream.


2) When the 2 ingredients are thoroughly mixed, gradually add in 1 cup of caster sugar.When it is done, transfer to a freezable bowl and set aside.



3) In another bowl, whip the whipping cream until soft peak forms.



4) Fold it in the avocado mixture. Taste and add more sugar if needed. (I added 1/2 cup more of the caster sugar as I used 3 avocados. Avocados can sometimes be bitter; so to mask the bitterness, I added more sugar. tip: You can also add a bit of lemon juice if available to mask the bitterness; about 1 tbsp.)




5) Cover the bowl with aluminum foil and put to freezer for 30-45 minutes. Once it has reached a soft serve consistency, fold in 1/3 cup of finely chopped toasted cashew nuts.





6) Cover it with aluminum foil and freeze overnight. Or transfer to an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's recommendation. Done! =)









Summer is the best time to feature local fruits in season! You have two options: make use of them now, at their best; or wait for another year! =) 

I super missed my mother when I was making this ice cream, Avocado was one of her absolute favorites. And although I am sure she enjoyed my "Sweet avocado mash" during the old days, she would probably love this too. 

Happy Eating! =)

3 komento:

  1. Very informative blog about Dentist. To know more about Dental Treatments, check out Sri Sakthi dental clinic

    TumugonBurahin
  2. Very informative blog about Dentist. To know more about Dental Treatments, check out Crown Dental and Child Care Dental

    TumugonBurahin
  3. Nice blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog shine. Please let me know where you got your design. orthodontists in birmingham al

    TumugonBurahin