Mytaste.ph

Lunes, Marso 12, 2012

SAVORY CREPES




I do have a hard time waking up in the morning, and usually, I need a great boost to make me get up earlier than I usually do. What’s some great boost for me? Creating wonderful breakfasts for my husband is one.

Breakfasts are believed to be the most neglected meal of the day, as we usually rush during the morning. So, here’s one breakfast idea you should give a try if you are pressed for time in the morning and should you get tired of your usual coffee or your favorite SILOG combinations. Whats perfect about this, is that not only you can make the batter or the crepes ahead of time, but also fill this with anything your hungry tummy is yearning for. Spreads, bacon, eggs, tuna.....the possibilities are endless. 

I am sure that most of you have all the ingredients you need right now in your pantry, so why don’t we start making SAVORY CREPES for later's breakfast! =)

Ingredients: (makes about 3 crepes)


1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup cold milk
2 tbsp of melted butter, and a little more for brushing
dashes of salt
dashes of your favorite spices (I chose cayenne pepper and oregano for this one to definitely perk up my morning)
1 cup sifted flour


Also prepare ingredients for your choice of filling. Mine was made with my favorite trio: bacon, mushroom and cheese; and the great combination of pork floss and japanese mayo. 

Let's start with combining all the dry ingredients. Mix the flour, salt and the spices.





Then mix all the liquid ingredients.






Pour the liquid ingredients to the dry ones and thoroughly beat until there are no more lumps of flour.



Let batter stand for about 30 minutes for a moist crepe.


Heat a 10-inch non stick pan over low-medium heat, and brush some butter on it.


Get yourself some ladle to use for the batter for an even distribution.


Tilt the pan to evenly spread the batter.


Crepes are thin and so are basically fast to cook, just a couple of minutes or so on each side. Once it is lightly browned, flip the crepe to cook the other side.



Transfer to a platter or big plates and get ready to assemble your crepes.


For my first crepe, I just spread some japanese mayo, then put some pork floss on its 2nd quadrant (upper right side). 


Fold it in half from bottom to top.


Then fold it again halfway like so.


Garnish with some more pork floss on top and Japanese mayo. 


 Let's make another one! 

Spread some melted cheese over center of crepe. 


 Follow it with some bacon and mushroom. Load it more cheese as you please.



 Fold it "lumpia" style.



 And serve it warm.



Now, isn't this worth waking up to? Have a great morning! =)

Happy Eating! =)

7 komento:

  1. Na upload din :) Gusto ko na tuloy ng crepe for tom. or I mean later's breakfast

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. finally! =) haha was super puyat tuloy last night. I should really study how to do this na. haha

      Burahin
  2. cool. are there free tastes when people come for a check up? :)

    TumugonBurahin
  3. I'm afraid there are no free taste, except maybe during clinic anniversaries. haha, my dental assistant is lucky though.

    TumugonBurahin
  4. where is your clinic located? are you medicard accredited? and do you check on toddlers too? thanks. :)

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. Hi lemony, I'm not accredited with any health cards, and yes I do work on toddlers =)

      Burahin
  5. Very informative blog about Dentist. To know more about Dental Treatments, check out Sri Sakthi dental clinic

    TumugonBurahin