Mytaste.ph

Lunes, Marso 26, 2012

BUBBLE CHAI


I’m back to Narnia! And it will be a long time until I can get my fix of bubble milk tea from any milk tea places in the Metro, which by the way, seems to mushroom by the minute! Milk tea places may be having phenomenal popularity in the metro, but here in Narnia, it is still somehow unheard of.

Bubble tea is a popular drink that I believe originated from Taiwan, and it is the only type of “tea” drink that my husband can and wants to take. A while ago, we craved for some, and I attempted to make our version. We call it: Our "Bubble Chai" and it's very very similar to Chowking's NaiCha!

Here's how I did it:

Ingredients: (for 2 servings)

For the bubbles:
1/2 cup of tapioca pearls
2 tbsp of brown sugar
3 cups of water

For the Chai:
2 cups of water
7 Black tea bags
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup evaporated milk
4 tbsp white sugar


Directions:

1) Start making the Bubbles. In a saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to a boil, add the tapioca pearls until it floats. Then simmer over medium heat, lid closed for 30 minutes.


2) Remove from heat and let it sit in the saucepan for another 30 minutes, lid closed.

3) Drain the bubbles and wash it in cold water to prevent them from sticking to each other.


4) Flavor with 2 tbsp of brown sugar. Set aside.


5) In another saucepan, combine 2 cups of water with 7 black tea bags.


6) Bring this to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes lid closed. Remove from heat and let the tea bags steep in the pan, covered for another 15 minutes.


7) Drain the tea using a fine strainer and press the extra liquid from the tea bags using the back of a spoon.



8) Flavor the tea with 1/2 cup of evaporated milk, 1/2 cup of condensed milk and 4 tbsp of white sugar. Use a whisk to consistently mix.





9) In serving glasses, put some bubbles, then pour in the Chai. Serve with loads of Ice.



My husband claims this is so much better than Chowking's NaiCha, but maybe because he IS my husband. haha. =)

Happy Drinking! =)


2 komento:

  1. Yes, the bubble tea originated from Taiwan. I was there a few months ago and it's a popular drink they offer to tourists :) Healthier pa as compared to the artificial shakes in the market

    TumugonBurahin
  2. good to know! =) I have never been to Taiwan! But that is in the bucket list! =) Still crossing my fingers for that. =)

    TumugonBurahin